D-Day: American Command Cards (FW262C)
D-Day: American Command Cards (FW262C)
Contains 40 cards to enhance your force, field iconic warriors and cutomise your units.
Command Cards allow Flames Of War generals to field iconic warriors, build new types of units, field new types of equipment, enhance your commander’s capabilities, and bring new tactics and strategems to the battlefield.
Order your D-Day: American Command Cards here...
It started with an Airborne assault, hitting vital defences behind the enemy lines. It was followed by a full scale amphibious invasion on the beaches of Normandy. Operation Overlord was in full swing, with about 160,000 men crossing the English Channel to land on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day alone. The German defensive positions proved to be a tough nut to crack. The day would be hard fought, ending with the Allies securing a tenuous foothold on the beachheads, but it was enough to withstand the following German Counter-attacks and eventually break out of Normandy. The war for Europe was now being fought in earnest, as the allies raced to liberate France and bring the war to Hitler’s front door.
Command Cards are entirely optional and can be added to your force in two ways. You can add them to your normal point cost, just as you would add a unit to your force, or you and your opponent can agree on a set amount of points that each may use just to add Command Cards to your lists.
Many Command Cards are hidden until they are used, so you’re never quite sure what your opponent’s battle plans are until they are revealed. While hidden, Command Cards do not affect their attached unit—a player must reveal them if they wish to gain the benefits of the card. Some Command Cards must be revealed at the start of the game; these cards are used to build your army and have the keyword 'Build'.
Download a copy of the Command Card Rules here...
Check out the Command Card Q&A here...
The D-Day: American Command Card pack is our first full set of Late War Command cards, like in Mid-War you can add these cards to your force for a point cost listed on the card. But there have been some changes to the Late War Command Cards as well; we have two new types of command cards, Titles and Equipment. Here is a list of what command cards come in the box.
The D-Day: Americans Command Card List
- Softskin Transport - Build, Unit
- Amphibious Transport - Build, Unit
- Sherman DD - Build, Upgrade, Unit
- Sandbag Armour - Build, Upgrade, Unit
- Cullin Hedge Cutter - Build, Unit
- 370th Fighter Group - Build, Upgrade, Limited
- Division LeClerc - Formation
- Demolitions Specialists - Formation
- Div Arty, All In! - Force, Limited
- Naval Gunfire - Force, Limited
- Total Air Superiority - Force, Limited
- Ivory X - Build, Unit
- FFI Platoon - Build, Limited
- FTP Platoon - Force, Build
- French Resistance Raid - Force, Limited
- Sticky Bombs - Unit
- Tank Telephones - Build, Upgrade, Unit
- Desert Veterans - Build, Formation
- Cavalry Recon Troop - Formation, Limited
- 2000lbs Bomb Load - Build, Unit
- 4th Infantry Division Ivy - Build, Formation, Title
- 5th Infantry Division Red Devils - Build, Formation, Title
- 8th Infantry Division Pathfinder - Build, Formation, Title
- 9th Infantry Division Old Reliables - Build, Formation, Title
- 28th Infantry Division Keystone - Build, Formation, Title
- 30th Infantry Division Old Hickory - Build, Formation, Title
- 35th Infantry Division Santa Fe - Build, Formation, Title
- 79th Infantry Division Cross Of Lorraine - Build, Formation, Title
- 80th Infantry Division Blue Ridge - Build, Formation, Title
- 83rd Infantry Division Thunderbolt - Build, Formation, Title
- 90th Infantry Division Tough 'Ombres - Build, Formation, Title
- Engineer Combat Company - Build, Formation
- Engineer Combat Platoon - Build, Unit
- Norman 'Dutch' Cota - Warrior, Formation
- Lafayette Poole - Warrior, Unit
- Turner Turnbull - Warrior, Unit
- James Earl Rudder - Warrior, Formation
- Lucky - Force, Limited
- 4.2 Inch Chemical Mortars - Build, Unit, Limited
Command Card Previews
with Andrew Haught
2nd Infantry Division Indian Head
Indian Head is one of many Title cards in the D-Day: American Command card set. Indian Head is my favourite title card in the box as it lets you transform your normal Rifle platoons into the 2nd Infantry Division, letting you swap all your M1 Garand rifle teams with Thompson SMG teams. This makes the unit incredibly aggressive with an improved rate of fire and Assault rating.
Click on the cards for a larger version...
Cullen Hedge Cutters
Equipment Cards like the Cullen Hedge Cutters gives your tanks an interesting boost using real solutions that were used in the war. Cullen Hedge Cutters lets you get across Hedges and Bocage easier and it affects the whole platoon, giving you the ability to move quickly though a table that has lots of hedges and Bocage.
Poole is a Warrior card that gives his units some extra speed with a better Follow Me order, he also makes it so that his tank does not suffer the +1 penalty for moving with a stabilized weapon. Coming in at 4 points he is an easy include in most Sherman armies even armies that bring a single Sherman platoon as support. I plan on adding him to an M4 Sherman (76mm) platoon I am running to support my armoured Rifle platoon.
Engineer Combat Platoon and Engineer Combat Company
The Engineer Combat platoon creates a whole new platoon for nine points, with ten teams organized as it says on the card using the Rifle platoon’s card for reference. On top of having the Rifle platoons stats they get two rules, Pioneers that help them cross minefields and dig in on a 3+.
|The other rule is Hedge Trimmers, this rule gives the unit the ability to decrease the Cross test by one for friendly teams crossing, and this includes gun teams as well as tanks. An Engineer Combat Platoon is handy to have around, as it keeps your forces moving, but sometimes one platoon isn’t enough and for that you can bring an Engineer Combat Company. This card, for only one point, lets you bring up to three Engineer Combat Platoons and a Rifle Company HQ creating a full formation.