Enemy at the Gates Command Cards (FW246C)
Enemy at the Gates Command Cards (FW246C)
Contains 46 cards to enhance your force, field iconic warriors and cutomise your units.
Command Cards allow Flames Of War generals to field iconic warriors, build new types of units, field new types of equipment, enhance your commander’s capabilities, and bring new tactics and strategems to the battlefield.
Order your Enemy at the Gates Command Cards here...
|Enemy at the Gates
Despite being thrown back from the gates of Moscow in the winter offensive, the Germans were back on the attack in the summer of 1942. The Red Army launched offensive after offensive to throw the invaders back, but nothing could stop them from overrunning the southern Russia and reaching the Volga at Stalingrad. In the bitter street fighting of autumn, the Red Army bled the Germans dry. Then, as winter set in, they launched another round of offensives that regained all they had lost.
Learn more about Enemy at the Gates here...
Command Cards are entirely optional and can be added to your force in two ways. You can add them to your normal point cost, just as you would add a unit to your force, or you and your opponent can agree on a set amount of points that each may use just to add Command Cards to your lists.
Many Command Cards are hidden until they are used, so you’re never quite sure what your opponent’s battle plans are until they are revealed. While hidden, Command Cards do not affect their attached unit—a player must reveal them if they wish to gain the benefits of the card. Some Command Cards must be revealed at the start of the game; these cards are used to build your army and have the keyword 'Build'.
Download a copy of the Command Card Rules here...
Check out the Command Card Q&A here...
The Enemy at the Gates Command Card List
- Softskin Transport - Build, Unit
- Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev - Build, Warrior Formation
- Georgiy Andreevich Khachin - Warrior, Unit
- Nikolay Rodionovich Andreyev - Warrior, Unit
- Molotov Cocktails - Unit
- Captured Panzers - Build, Unit, Limited
- NKVD Battalion - Build, Formation
- Militia Battalion - Build, Formation
- Naval Battalion - Build, Formation
- Hero Naval Battalion - Build, Formation
- Scout Company - Build, Formation, Limited
- Motosikilisty - Build, Unit
- Cossack Regiment - Build, Formation
- Hero Cossack Regiment - Build, Formation
- Sappers - Build, Unit, Limited
- Tankodesantniki - Build, Unit, Limited
- Hero Tankodesantniki - Build, Unit, Limited
- Partisans - Force, Limited
- Maskirovka - Force, Limited
- Dummy Minefield - Force, Limited
- Lucky - Force, Limited
- Still Fighting - Formation, Limited
- Cut Them Down - Formation, Limited
- Cavalry - Build, Unit
- Ferocious Valour – Formation, Limited
- Pavlov’s House - Formation, Limited
- Captured Tank – Formation, Limited
- For Mother Russia - Formation, Limited
- Hidden In Plain Sight - Formation, Limited
- Marksman - Formation, Limited
- Tenacity – Formation
- Revenge - Formation, Limited
- Dead Eye - Unit, Limited
- Reconnaissance By Combat – Force
- Smersh – Unit
- Blocking Detachment - Soviet, Unit, Limited
- Fresh From The Factory - Force, Limited
- Unstoppable – Unit
- Unkillable – Unit
- Local Knowledge - Unit, Limited
- Desperate Heroism - Unit, Limited
- Grave For Seven Brothers – Formation
- Uparmoured T-34 – Unit
- Kill One More - Unit, Limited
- Volley Fire - Unit, Limited
- Infantry Guns - Unit
Command Card Previews
with Andrew Haught
Cossack Regiment & Cavalry
I love Cossacks, and with these command cards we get to transform a normal Soviet Rifle Company into a Cossack Regiment. As well as getting a new Formation layout we get access to the Cavalry card that lets your troops mount on horseback and charge into the battle! While mounted your Cossacks have increased movement and assault range, you do lose some of your shooting capability but you can discard Cavalry at the start of your Movement Step to revert back into dismounted troops and regain your prior shooting abilities.
Click on the cards for a larger version...
|These cards make your infantry incredibly flexible and fast, letting you get to and secure the objective fast, then dismount so you can defend and hold the newly acquired objective.
Being a defensive player at heart I love the idea adding the Uparmoured T-34 card to my T-34 (early) companies. Having this card as a command card allows players to choose how much they want to invest into their T-34 tanks, giving them the option to take normal T-34 tanks with more support or take the much more survivable version for just a few more points per tank. The card gives the T-34 (early) an extra point of Front and Side Armour in exchange for some of its speed and two points per tank. You can get 14 of these Uparmoured T-34 tanks for 98 points, not bad, not bad at all.
Those who know me, know I love captured tanks. There is something about having something that you shouldn’t have in your army that makes me want to add them. This card is just awesome, you can get a unit of 10 Panzer III tanks, seven panzer IV tanks, or three StuGs tanks. I personally like the idea of having 10 Panzer III tanks in my Soviet tank formation, though I may borrow my German ones first to see how they go before painting up ten in some sweet captured tank colour schemes, on second thought I may just get the tanks to paint up now.
Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev
In any game Snipers are going to be cool, but this Warrior takes them to the next level. Snipers have a whole lot of rules already and Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev just makes them better, first off he is a sniper team you get to add to your Formation on top of any other snipers you bring. So you can have five snipers in your Formation. On top of that he ignores Concealment and Gone to ground status from the models he targets, so he will always hit them on their Is Hit On rating. And if that was not enough he increases the Is Hit On rating of all the other snipers in your force. If you are thinking about running a sniper theme in your army, you have to include Zaytsev, he is just that cool.