I then painted boots and the radio wires with Battlefront’s Worn Rubber. I used Vallejo’s Boot Brown for the rifles, Saddle Brown for rifle slings, and Battlefront’s Dark Gunmetal for the barrels of the rifles, MGs, and SMGs. I used a sort of khaki color for the canteens, but I threw the bottle out afterwards since it had run dry and I don’t recall the name.
Battlefront’s Panther Yellow was used for grenades, panzerfaust, and panzershrecks. This may come as a surprise, but I used Battlefront’s European Skin for, well European Skin. Rifle and SMG pouches were painted with Vallejo’s German Grey, and the finishing touch was a liberal wash with Battlefront’s Bradley Shade.
This being my first time painting on the sprue, it was an incredibly easy process. The sprue as a whole gave me a large surface area, with multiple options from where to grip it. I could manipulate it in my hand a full 360 degrees, giving me the ability to paint at any angle without having to hold my hand in an awkward position. It also helped me paint in a methodical way, having a full platoon on a sprue, I could just go down the line, applying the same color to every model, without having to switch popsicle sticks to continue.