Products mentioned in this Article
In 1936 the State Weapons Factory at Diósgyör started to produce the 36M 81.4mm Mortar based on the modern French Brandt design. The Brandt 81.4mm mortar proved a popular weapon with many countries with it also being adopted by France, USA, and Romanian among others.
In 1939 the design underwent some minor modifications. This was designated the 36/39M.