Products mentioned in this Article
The C9/B was a 4-wheel drive and was powered by a 30 hp engine. The equipment was designed as a dual-purpose weapon for anti-aircraft/ anti-tank use. However, by 1944 it only posed a threat to lighter enemy armoured vehicles.
Several variants existed, but the most common utilised the Bofors 40mm Mk 5 mounting. The frame had no footrests and the firing platform was modified to take two ammunition boxes. A special seat was fitted to the top of the back of the left-hand seat to give a higher sitting position for use with the Mk 5 correctional sight. Four jacks were fitted to the chassis for stability.